Nix Dermal Cream 30g [Permethrin 5%]
Nix Dermal Cream, is specifically formulated to tackle scabies infestations effectively. Crafted with Permethrin 5%, this cream acts swiftly to paralyze and eliminate mites and ensures their eggs are eradicated, paving the way for clear and mite-free skin.
Why Choose Nix Dermal Cream?
- Effective Scabies Treatment
- Relief from Itching
- Versatile Application
- Single Application Efficiency
- Prevention of Reinfestation
Stay Ahead of Scabies with Nix Dermal Cream
For many, scabies can be more than just an itchy inconvenience. It can disrupt sleep, work, and daily routines. With Nix Dermal Cream, you can regain control, restore your skin’s health, and put an end to the relentless itching. Remember, it’s not just about treating but also preventing the spread. Trust in Nix Dermal Cream, and take the first step towards healthier, mite-free skin today.
Why Choose Nix Permethrin 5%?
- Targeted Action: Nix Dermal Cream offers a specialized formula with Permethrin 5% which has proven efficacy against mites causing scabies.
- Ease of Application: Whether you’re an adult, a teen, or a child, our cream comes with clear instructions to ensure you get maximum benefits with every application.
- Multi-Brand Presence: Although available under different brand names, the quality and effectiveness of our formulation remain consistent, making it a trusted choice among healthcare professionals.
- Safety Assured: Before opting for Nix Dermal Cream, it’s always advised to consult with a healthcare provider to ensure it’s the right fit for you.
How to Use Nix Dermal Cream | Step-by-Step Application Guide
Preparation: Begin by ensuring your skin is clean, dry, and cool. Refrain from taking a hot bath or shower immediately before applying.
- Adults & Teens (12 years and older): Typically, one tube (30 g) is sufficient.
- Children (5-12 years): Half a tube (15 g) is recommended.
- Toddlers (2-4 years): Use a quarter of a tube (7.5 g).
Application: Gently massage the cream into the skin, covering the entire body from the neck down to the soles of the feet.
Be extra thorough with spaces between fingers and toes, under nails, wrists, armpits, the genital area, and buttocks.
Avoid the Face: Ensure that the cream does not come in contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth. Do not apply to the face.
Absorption: Nix Dermal Cream will gradually disappear as your skin absorbs it. If you wash your hands within 8 hours of application, remember to reapply the cream to them.
Duration: Leave the cream on for 12-14 hours. Following this, wash off the cream using a bath or shower and wear a fresh set of clothes.
Repeat if Necessary: A single application often clears the scabies infestation.
However, if you notice live mites or new skin lesions after 7-10 days, consider a second application in the same manner.
If you’re using any other skin products or medications, discuss with your healthcare provider whether you should continue their use alongside Nix Dermal Cream.
To prevent reinfection, wash all clothing, bedding, and towels used 2 days prior to treatment in hot water.
Dry on a hot cycle for at least 20 minutes or consider dry cleaning.
Avoid using the infested mattress for 48 hours and disinfect items like toilet seats and combs.
Store the cream at room temperature and keep it out of reach from children.
How does this medication work? What will it do for me?
Permethrin 5% belongs to a group of medications called synthetic pyrethroids, which are insecticides.
Permethrin 5% works by paralyzing mites that cause scabies, killing them and their eggs.
This medication works to get rid of scabies infestation, but skin itching may take 2 to 4 weeks to disappear after treatment.
Your doctor or pharmacist may have suggested this medication for conditions other than those listed in these drug information articles. As well, some forms of this medication may not be used for all of the conditions discussed here.
If you have not discussed this with your doctor or are not sure why you are using this medication, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not give this medication to anyone else, even if they have the same symptoms as you do. It can be harmful for people to use this medication if their doctor or pharmacist has not recommended it.
What other drugs could interact with this medication?
There may be an interaction between permethrin 5% and any of the following:
- corticosteroids (e.g., hydrocortisone, betamethasone)
If you are using any of these medications, speak with your doctor or pharmacist. Depending on your specific circumstances, your doctor may want you to:
- stop taking one of the medications,
- change one of the medications to another,
- change how you are taking one or both of the medications, or
- leave everything as is.
An interaction between two medications does not always mean that you must stop taking one of them. Speak to your doctor about how any drug interactions are being managed or should be managed.
Medications other than those listed above may interact with this medication. Tell your doctor or prescriber about all prescription, over-the-counter (non-prescription), and herbal medications you are taking. Also, tell them about any supplements you take. Since caffeine, alcohol, nicotine from cigarettes, or street drugs can affect the action of many medications, you should let your prescriber know if you use them.
The contents herein are for informational purposes only. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Source: www.medbroadcast.com/drug/getdrug/Nix-Dermal-Cream