Plan B® helps prevent pregnancy after unprotected sex (if a contraceptive failed or you did not use birth control).
Take one tablet as soon as possible, within 72 hours after a contraceptive accident or unprotected sex. The sooner you start treatment, the more effective it will be (preferably within 12 hours after a contraceptive accident or unprotected sex). Do not take more than directed.
Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
WARNING AND PRECAUTIONS:
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) alert:
• This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs
Do not use if you:
• Are already pregnant
• Have abnormal vaginal bleeding
• Are allergic to Levonorgestrel or to any ingredients in this product
• For regular birth control
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you:
• Have breast cancer
• Liver disease
• High blood pressure
• Take any prescription drug
• Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort)
• Are breastfeeding
When using this product you may have:
• Abdominal pain
• Spotting a few days after use
• Breast tenderness
There is some data that Levonorgestrel may be less effective with increasing body weight or body mass index (BMI). These data were limited and inconclusive.